January 3, 2013
I don’t know about you, but one of my goals for 2013 was to get more organized. It started with a trip to The Container Store (which was amazing!) and after just a few purchases it’s incredible how much more with-it I feel. Here are a few of the things I’ve picked up for staying on top of it in the new year.
1. Day Planner: I always need a really big day planner, especially with the myriad meetings, client deadlines and shoots going on. It’s really important to keep your ducks in a row and this is the surest way to do it. Last year I used one from Graphic Image, which has been great, but when I spied this mint green number I had to have it. This planner by Cavallini dedicates an entire page to each day. If you have a 9-5, this probably isn’t necessary, but if you’re a freelance or contract worker I really recommend it.
2. Mail Organizer: I have a big love of dachsunds and this guy caught my eye. Perfect for bills, invoices and sweet notes.
3. Monthly Calendar: For me it helps to have a daily planner where I can write in nitty gritty details like appointments and to-do’s and then a bigger picture calendar that helps me remember looming deadlines, upcoming plans and mostly gives me a good idea of how busy my month is going to be and if I can take on anything more.
5. USB stick: When the utilitarian becomes an adorable accessory.
6. I spied these folders at Anthropologie (I think they’re in-store only) and had to get them. Keep your desk cheery and well-organized with this simple set.