August 12, 2013
This past weekend we went to my friend Ava’s wedding at Laguna Gloria and it was so beautiful. I loved all the twinkle lights and the beautiful, long table where we ate dinner. The ceremony was so sweet and I was predictably crying the whole time:) Ava and I went to high school together and it was pretty incredible to watch her come down the steps in her gorgeous gown, looking so elegant and grown-up.
Fun fact: My parents got married at Laguna Gloria on August 10th thirty three years ago, so it was really special to be there on that same day all these years later to see a dear friend tie the knot to such a darling and special man. This was my first time to see a Jewish ceremony and I really enjoyed all of the tradition that went into it and the way that it tied together family so much. I’ve never been clear on the whole breaking of the glass thing, but the Rabbi explained it as a reminder to keep in mind the fragility of life even in the sweetest moments, which I thought was really lovely.
We have a lot of friends getting engaged and married right now (yay!) so I thought it would be fun to do a little round up of some wedding gift ideas in case you’re in the same boat. Links to all these beauties + more photos from the wedding after the jump.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Classic Parker Mixing bowls (we literally use ours everyday) for whipping cream, prepping veggies and doing everything in between—I promise this will be the gift they use most!
2. Two champagne coupes for the couple to use on their anniversary for years to come (this is one my favorites—I love giving it!)
3. Adorable set of vintage napkins for dinner parties
4. A sweet custom-made illustrated portrait
5. A show stopping pitcher for serving iced tea or sangria
6. Pretty vintage serving dish for all the family meals in store
7. A sweet frame for a wedding photo
8. A beautiful handmade quilt for chilly nights
9. Beautiful return address stamp
10. His and Hers crystal hiball glasses